Blog Giveaways are among the most winnable sweepstakes out there. Unlike huge national sweepstakes which may garner millions of entries, the typical blog giveaway has only 300-400 entries. This vastly improves your odds of winning, especially if you enter on a regular basis. There are thousands of blog giveaways for you to choose from, with more being listed everyday. The average prize value is around $25, but it is not uncommon to see larger prizes, like high value gift cards and electronics.
While blog giveaways already have better odds compared to national sweepstakes, you can increase your chances of winning even more by following these simple tips.
1. Have a goal in mind. For example, my goal is to provide birthday and Christmas gifts for my family throughout the year. Having a goal in mind will help you focus on the prizes you really want to win. There are a lot more blog giveaways currently available then you will have time to enter. It might be tempting to enter every one you come across. However, it is a better strategy to prioritize the giveaways according to your goal. Make a list of the types of prizes you really want to win and keep it by your computer for reference.
2. Complete all the extra entries. In my experience with running these types of giveaways, most people stop after the mandatory entry, no matter how many extra entry methods are offered. you can increase your odds greatly by putting the extra effort into completing the extra entries. Be sure to sign up for free accounts with popular social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Blogger as these are used for completing extra entries freԛuently.
3. Watch for blog giveaways that list their rules on a separate page. Be sure to read through these. Often the rule page will list ways of earning extra entries. Most people don’t bother checking these out, so you will have an advantage.
4. Use free software to speed up your entries. Roboform can be used to save forms that are entered frequently. This is especially helpful for giveaways that allow daily entries. you can fill out the form once and then save it to a Roboform passcard. When you go back to enter again, Roboform will fill out that form for you. It saves a lot of typing. Another useful piece of software is Texter. Texter can create keyboard shortcuts. you can use Texter to reduce common phrases down to a couple of keystrokes. For instance, I have Texter set up to replace the combination ctrl-t with “I follow you on twitter as greatgiveaways.” This is a phrase I use nearly everyday when completing extra entries. The beauty of Texter is that you can set up keyboard shortcuts for any phrase you find yourself using freԛuently. Using both Roboform and Texter, you can complete blog giveaways in about half the time. This will enable you to enter a larger number of giveaways. The more blog giveaways you enter, the better your chances of winning.
5. Find giveaways from blogs that are holding their first giveaway. Typically, first time blog giveaways do not get as many entries as those on blogs who host giveaways regularly. Most bloggers who hold their first giveaway have yet to build up a readership and often don’t promote their giveaways as heavily. Some bloggers have the mentality that putting up the giveaway alone will bring in tons of traffic and fail to promote it properly. you can use that to your advantage. Search on blogsearch.google.com for the phrase “first giveaway” to find these first attempts at hosting a giveaway.
6. Utilize Twitter to find giveaways with fewer entrants. Search Twitter for the terms “first giveaway” or “low entries.” Often when giveaway entry numbers aren’t as high as they hoped, a blogger will tweet about the giveaway in the hopes of generating more interest.
7. Attend Twitter parties. Twitter Parties are like blog giveaways, only much faster paced. These have better odds because the entry period is only an hour or two and you must be present to win.
8. Make the most of the filters at Online-sweepstakes.com. These can easily be set to show only blog giveaways. The Online Sweepstakes website can be sorted by category and end date. In addition, each and every one of the categories at Online Sweepstakes can be filtered to show only blog giveaways. This can be accomplished through a drop-down menu at the top of the screen. Be sure to check out the “short entry periods” category and then filter it to show only blog giveaways. The shorter the entry period, the fewer people will enter.
9. Pass by blog giveaways that have over a thousand entries. Most giveaway sponsors run campaigns on multiple blogs. Chances are you will find the same prize being offered on another blog with fewer entries and better odds.
10. Enter consistently. I firmly believe that winning blog giveaways frequently is 10% luck and 90% perseverance. Keep at it and the wins should start coming your way!