An Internet marketing coach should be a key part of your business plan. An athlete doesn’t make it to the Olympics without a coach; it’s the same for your business.
As someone who has benefitted from coaching, as well as being a coach myself, there are some lessons that I’ve learned along the way.
The following are what I call my 5 T’s: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques from a marketing coach.
- Be sure that you have the focus and drive to start your Internet business. Unfortunately, I’ve seen too many people plan what they’ll do with their profits without realizing that there’s a lot of work required before the income rolls in. you don’t simply start a website. you need to put in a great deal of effort and time, particularly in the marketing area.
While the possibilities are exciting, it’s important that you truly think
about the responsibility involved in starting up your business. This is where a marketing coach can be helpful.
- On that note, be aware that your marketing coach isn’t going to run your business for you! As a coach, I’m here to support and guide you. However,
you must have the drive and desire to succeed. no amount of coaching in
the world will help you if you aren’t passionate about your business.
- A personalized and quick response truly does make all the difference in marketing. your leads are your gold; treat them well. The Internet is an expansive world where people are looking for immediate gratification. you must deliver quickly and professionally on what you promote. That’s rule #1 in the basics of marketing.
yet, coaches often talk about their frustrations when their clients don’t
have a sense of urgency when it comes to following up on leads.
If prospective clients keep checking email, waiting to hear from
you, you’re setting them and yourself up for disappointment.
that’s never good for a marketing business.
- Brand your corner of the market. As a marketing coach, I’m often surprised at how many people can’t identify what’s unique about their life experiences and market that uniqueness to their favor.
In other areas of your life, it’s important to be humble. However, your
Internet business isn’t one of those areas! Take the time to work with your
coach to find the key that unlocks the marketing potential of your
professional and personal life experiences.
- Use your social media networks wisely. These are tools just like another in
your marketing strategy. I often hear from coaches that their clients want
to utilize all of the social media networks out there without regard for
what they want to say.
This approach could be just as damaging as not using any social media networks at all. Work with your coach to figure out what you want to say,
and how you want to say it.
Any marketing coach worth his or her proverbial salt has at least one company that they recommend to provide writing
services for Web content. This is an investment that will eventually pay for
itself because fresh and original writing can attract traffic from new and
While a magician does magic tricks, an Internet marketing coach can’t simply do the equivalent of pulling a rabbit out of a hat! However, working with a well-established coach can help you to expand your income. And that can be magical indeed!